August 24, 2010

Week 37

Weekly doctor visits, that's what we've come to. I feel like a regular at a coffee shop - I'm the Tues 8:45am girl. All is well, and right on track. Bubba's cookin' away in there. I feel him heavier, achier down at the bottom of my gut, between my hips. Nurse says I get the luxury of feeling that weight the rest of the time. Yippee... I have been SO blessed throughout, so I'm not even going to think about starting to complain now. The nurse also said I'm very lucky to not have any stretch marks (Thanks Mom!) and still be able to sleep so well.

My cervix has just started to thin, not really any dilation. Have another appointment next week, of course. We’re probably ~2 weeks out, but you never know! Doc is confident it’s at least a week out – I think at least two but he kinda hem-hawed at my confidence. Said it could be days or weeks.

Either way, we're good to go. Hubs and I got TONS done Sunday afternoon. He cleaned the house (gotta love that man!) and I did Bubba's laundry and finished getting his room put together. He has clean clothes, diapers, and a place to sleep. Bring it on, Bubba! AND I think we've agreed on a name (Hubs has seen the light). We still have the top 5 list, but agree as to which name is #1 - today. Keep in mind it might change next week. :)

This past week Jaralyn and I had our joint baby shower at work. We had a great time - got to eat lots of yummy potluck food and were spoiled with baby treasures.
Lauren, Kaitlyn, Jaralyn, and myself (1 down, 2 to go!)

The AMAZING tent/sleeper/playtoy from Pat and Krista.
Bubba better love it. Not that we'll be able to find him when he's in there...
I tested it out for him; Roo was supervising (in case I couldn't get back out).

Over the weekend Hubs and I spent one last night away from home just the two of us. We went to Cameo Heights Mansion, halfway between here and Walla Walla. Dinner was AMAZING - some of the best food we've ever put in our mouths. Hubs' dinner started with this smoked prime rib soup that ooh...so yummy! Was like melted buttery, smoky bacony, creamy goodness. We're going to go back and have dinner there for our anniversary (good thing that's only 2 months away!). We had a wonderful, relaxing time just the two of us. The pool wasn't heated so we did our flinking in the hot tub, which was a bathwater temp so I was able to spend a good hour in there. Oh! And we played some dominoes before dinner, I was losing until I went out and got 71 points from him!!! (Daddy O - I think that may be the record!)




Baby Development at 37 Weeks Pregnant
  • Your baby's weight gain slows considerably, but she's got just a little more room to grow.
  • Essential fat (aka baby fat) will continue to form. This will round her out and help her stay warm after birth.
  • If you have an ultrasound during the 3rd trimester, the technician might measure the head, stomach, and femur to estimate your baby's weight.
  • She weighs more than 6 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment