August 19, 2010

Week 36


This past weekend we went up to Spokane for one last visit with the fam before Bubba pops out. As we drove up the hill to Mama n Daddy O's, it dawned on me that our next trip up here Bubba will be in the back seat! While we were in town, Ginny took some fun, amazing photos of us. She's a keeper! :)




I also finished off my BabiesRUs registry - that was a process. The girl rang me up, forgot to scan the 15%-off-remaining-items-on-your-registry-discount coupon, apologized and called her manager to see if we could just void out the transaction and do it again (I had a whole cart of goodies so I was really hoping we could do it the easy way). Nope. Return each item, and re-checkout. 20 minutes later, we have items returned, and re-scanned. Meanwhile, Hubs and Mama and Daddy O are at the German Inn waiting for me to join them for dinner. I'm starving. She scans the coupon - doesn't work. Well, that's because the first transaction made the items no longer show up as 'available' (remember the coupon is only good for reamining items). So pretty much the last 30 mins of me standing here was pointless. The manager came and apologized to me and the checker and just gave me 15% off my total (what the checker wanted to do over 1/2 hour ago). Fun, fun! Anyhow, treasures have been purchased. Need to close out Target this weekend and then we'll be all stocked up!!

I had my doc appt this week - we're on to weekly appointments with cervix checks. I had terrible pap smear in my head as a cervix check, but it wasn't so terrible. Quick and no duckbills. But Dr. L did look off in the distance while he was digging around in there, like he was trying to remember where he left his keys...
Bubba is head down (Dr. L let me feel!) but I haven't even begun to dilate. I didn't think I had since I haven't been having any contractions. I've had a couple this week, but they are tiny and rare. Pretty sure next week's check will yield the same results as this week. I'm still comfy and sleeping well, so no complaints from me. I do feel like Bubba had another growth spurt last night; pretty sure my belly is bigger today than yesterday. I can't believe we're in the home stretch - the last month already!

Baby Development at 36 Weeks Pregnant
  • Your baby has grown almost completely into his skin that was once so oversized.
  • He now has a fully rounded face, in part because his powerful sucking muscles are now developed and ready to get to work.
  • Although your baby's bones are hardening, his skull remains soft and flexible for his birth.
  • At 36 weeks of pregnancy, your baby probably weighs about 6 pounds or slightly more.

No comments:

Post a Comment