August 10, 2010

Week 35

Well, the nice blue ribbon that fit comfortably around my belly at the baby shower is now a solid 1.5" too short - I can't believe it!! I feel like I'm bigger every day, I guess this is proof... I grabbed the ribbon to put it away in a safe place and for some crazy reason decided to see how it fit - when I couldn't get the ends to meet I readjusted the ribbon, a couple times. No luck. I truly am turning into the Goodyear blimp. :)

We had our intake interview (filled out paperwork so we're all registered and ready to roll) with the hospital - Hubs got to see what a labor bed looked like and check out the super-comfy pullout chair he gets to sleep on. When talking with the nurse I realized that it'll be this time next month that we're there for the real deal. I keep thinking that we have plans every weekend in August, stuff to do at home, things to wrap up at work...Bubba's sneakin' up on me! He's still sittin comfy in his hammock; he hasn't dropped and I highly doubt he's turned so I feel like I have plenty of time yet. Ha! He has been a great baby; I know I'm lucky. Keep it up Bubba - just as good on the outside as the inside!!

Baby Development at 35 Weeks Pregnant
  • Your baby probably continues to gain at least a half a pound a week.
  • During the 35th week of pregnancy, she already might be close to her birth length, near 18 inches from head to toe, and she continues to build up necessary fat, especially in her shoulders.
  • Within your now-crowded uterus, your baby might shift her movements from kicks and punches to more rolls and wiggles.
  • Her brain development continues to advance quickly.
  • Your baby already might have settled into a head-down position in your pelvis, if this is your first pregnancy. This is the ideal position for delivery because your baby's head is the biggest part of her body.
  • Position refers to your baby's placement in your uterus — whether he is facing right or left or is headfirst or feetfirst. Your baby floats in your uterus and changes positions often throughout early and mid-pregnancy. When you're between 32 and 36 weeks pregnant, your baby usually rotates to a head-down position for labor and delivery.
    • Headfirst position is called the vertex position.
    • Feetfirst position is called a breech position.
    • If your baby is breech but is not too far down into your pelvis, your doctor might try to turn your baby into the proper position a few weeks before your due date.
    • Lying-sideways position is called a transverse position.

No comments:

Post a Comment