September 8, 2010

Week 39

Well, I'm another cm dilated. Dr. L said my water could break at any moment... We're just waiting. I'm off work - I'm to be resting and napping. Today's my second day home and already I'm bored. It's raining so the ladies and I aren't walking right now. I know, I know - treasure these last moments, I'll never be bored again.

I go back to the doc tomorrow for a nonstress test (measure Bubba's heartrate for 30mins or so) and an ultrasound to check amniotic fluid levels (make sure placenta is still working well). Dr. L is ready for me to pop and doesn't want me going past next week so this is to check and make sure my placenta is still functioning well and it's safe to keep Bubba in till he's ready. Dr. L knows how much I don't want pitocin. I'm game for the cervadil, but that requires me to stay in the hospital and be monitored after it's administered (pill that dissolves what's left of my cervix - I don't swallow it).

I took a nice, long shower this morning and shaved my legs. It may be my last long shower for a while... I keep thinking each night that this may be our last lazy night, but then we keep getting one more. So weird to be at the end, but not know when exactly the end is - kinda makes it fun, too! :) Last night, while we were watching TV, Bubba mooned me. Check out the butt bulge!


Baby Development at 39 Weeks Pregnant
  • The waxy vernix covering her skin and the fine hair called lanugo start to go away when you're 39 weeks pregnant. Some vernix and lanugo might remain at birth.
  • Your baby gets antibodies from the placenta to protect her against illness.
  • She also will get more antibodies when you breastfeed her at birth.
  • Your baby probably weighs between 7 and 7 1/2 pounds. But it's normal for her to weigh anywhere from 6 to 9 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment