September 18, 2010

Week 40

Bubba has arrived - but for technicality's sake, I'm going to write this. :)

Dr. L said I've hit maximum capacity and that if we don't induce labor that he's worried the baby will be too big and we'll end up having to do a c-section after struggling with labor. My plug fell out on the 9th and I've noted other signs that labor is literally any day now so I'm not too upset with being induced. So now, we wait for the hospital to call and let us know that they're ready for us. We're on the schedule for Monday, but they don't want to call us in too early in case doctors have patients from the weekend that are emergent. Hubs ran into work to tie things up and Mama O (Bitsy, she's decided) is heading down later Monday morning.

That's all you get for now - I'll post the story of Bubba's birth next!

Baby Development at 40 Weeks Pregnant
  • A surge of hormones in your baby's body might play a part in initiating labor.
  • Your baby weighs between 7 and 8 pounds and measures between 18 and 20 1/2 inches long. More or less is OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment