June 23, 2010

Week 28 - Start 3rd Trimester

Seven months and two trimesters down. Time has flown by!!

I'm still feeling great, no complications. Bubba's heart rate has been consistently in the mid 130s our last couple visits, nice and strong. We got to clearly see all 4 chambers of his heart and valves working perfectly on the ultrasound yesterday. I'm up 13 pounds and doing very well. I passed my gestational diabetes test - not that I was worried about it. More excitingly, after 28 weeks you're supposed to start going to the doc every two weeks but I negotiated with Doc L to let me go one more month before going to two weeks. That's a big deal!! I'm doing really well and am aware enough of my body and what's to be expected that I'd know if something was off. Success!

We had our 28 week ultrasound yesterday - it's the big "baby movie" one - we get to see Bubba in 3D! It was amazing to see his face, know what he looks like. He did have both a hand AND a foot in his face, but we still got some good sneak peeks. His hand is the ball on the left, covering his right eye. Check out his super-cute mouth and tiny little chin in the second one!



From the not so shy shot of his twig and berries we may have to change his nickname to Turtle. He had one leg up by his face and the other one kicked straight out so we got a great gender confirmation shot. Turtle shell is the berries, turtle head is the twig, and the rock the turtle is sitting on his his leg.
This past weekend we hung out in the foothills of the Blues with friends. The deer are so tame they come up and stare at you until you feed them. I named this one Dorito since that's what I kept feeding her. She liked the orange ones and they would turn her tongue orange. :) I'm wearing a t-shirt that our friend, Glessner, brought me back from Alaska after he summited Denali. Check out my bubba gut!!




Baby Development at 28 Weeks Pregnant
  • Your baby is about 10 inches long — roughly the length of an average zucchini. He weighs about 2 pounds.
  • His brain develops and expands.
  • Your baby may open his eyes in utero.
  • More fat accumulates under his skin.
  • He continues to take 20- to 30-minute naps with some routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment