July 7, 2010

Week 30

I can't believe there are only 10 weeks to go!

I know the weeks will fly by too - we have something every weekend in July (Grumpa's coming to visit, going to Linclon City with the O'Malleys, Hippo's wedding and a night in a B&B!!, and then the baby shower!!). August may move a little slower but it sounds like we'll be heading up to the San Juans with Oma and Wumps (gotta start practicing their grandparent names). I also booked us a night at Cameo Heights Mansion - a B&B 30 mins from home - Aug 21. Was thinking that would really be our last night away from home just the two of us for a while. I'll be 38 weeks when we go. But I think it will be fabulous - fancy rooms, nice bathtub, sweet pool, driving range for Hubs...

We spent Monday of 4th of July weekend on the boat with Wumps - the weather was finally nice enough! Lant says my belly looks like a torpedo because it sticks straight out. Says you can't tell from the back, and straight on it isn't as obvious, but as soon as I turn sideways - BAM!
I'm very thankful to say that I am still feeling great - no trouble breathing, still feel like I have room for my bladder, sleeping all night pretty comfortably. Just hope Bubba's as good outside as he's been inside!

Lauren, from work, had her baby girl last Friday. You better believe I went to see her and get me some fresh baby time! They both looked great - definitely not like someone who just had a baby. Kaitlyn was 7lb11oz and was the biggest a fresh baby has ever felt. Changes your perspective when you're next in line to pop one out!

Here's a photo of the pregnant clan at work (Lauren, Lindsay, Jaralyn, and me - taken June 17, our last girl lunch before Lauren popped). I'm due next, then Lindsay a couple weeks after me, and Jaralyn a couple weeks after that. Lauren, Jaralyn and I are all in the same group at work. :)



Baby Development at 30 Weeks Pregnant
  • At 30 weeks of pregnancy, your baby weighs about 3 pounds and is about 10 1/2 inches long from crown to rump, or about the length of a bunch of celery. (His legs and feet increase this measurement by many more inches.)
  • From this week until week 37 of pregnancy, your baby gains an impressive half a pound a week!
  • Your baby might be practicing breathing movements as he rhythmically moves his diaphragm. You even might notice a slight twitching in your abdomen when this happens.
  • Your baby's brain continues to expand and develop, creating additional grooves and folds in the brain's surface. These wrinkles give your baby's brain tissue the needed room to expand as he develops and learns throughout his lifetime.
  • Your baby's brain can now regulate his temperature, so he begins to lose the lanugo— fine hair that has been covering his body for warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment