April 29, 2010

Week 20 - HALFWAY!!

We are definitely over the halfway point. Had my 20 week check with Dr. Lorenzo. Everything is looking great. I've gained a whopping four pounds, our little man (whom I've been calling Bubba) had a heart rate of 140. He may grow up and get a shrimp boat, which would be okay I guess - so long as he doesn't have a giant lower lip.
Anyhow, Doc said I was definitely over the halfway mark and am probably a week ahead but I'm sticking with the furthest out due date. Mom was late with all three of us girls and I'd rather get him a week early than late.
This past weekend we visited Jim and Shell in Portland and I got some tax-free shopping in. Now that I've gone elastic, I'm never going back! I'll be wearing them every Thanksgiving, others will be jealous of my comfort and Mama O will be happy to see me in something other than jammies at the table.
I feel him moving around off and on throughout the day. For the most part, they're just wiggles but every now and again he'll throw and punch or kick that startles me. I try to let Hubs feel him move, but I usually wait so long making sure he's moving a lot that by the time I tell Lant he's settling down...oh well. I only offer when we're both settled down together so I don't interrupt him or make him come over and sit to feel.

Baby Development at 20 Weeks Pregnant
  • When you're 20 weeks pregnant, your babymeasures about 6 inches, about the length of an eggplant, and weighs about half a pound.
  • Your baby's skin thickens and develops layers under the vernix during the 20th week of pregnancy.
  • His hair and nails continue to grow.
  • His limbs are well developed when you’re 20 weeks pregnant.
  • Your baby is moving and you can feel it. Make a note of when you felt these movements start and let your doctor know.

No comments:

Post a Comment