May 10, 2010

Week 21

This week blew by (literally, we had a huge wind storm). I still don't feel that I've gotten any bigger, but since I've eased into elastic pants it's harder to tell. I meant to take measurements, but never got around to it so I don't have anything to compare to.
One of my new favs is watching my belly move as Bubba busts out his Dance Dance Baby moves. Hubs still thinks it feels weird when he feels Bubba's dance moves, but will still feel sometimes. I think more to please me...

Baby Development at 21 Weeks Pregnant
  • Your baby might be about 7 inches in length, roughly the length of a carrot, by 21 weeks pregnant. She weighs almost 11 ounces.
  • Your baby's digestive system is put to work! By your 21st week of pregnancy, your baby has probably begun swallowing amniotic fluid and absorbing small amounts of sugar from it.
    • Sugars pass through her developed digestive system, giving these organs important practice.
    • These sugars only make up a tiny part of your baby's nourishment.
    • Most of her nutrition still is delivered through your placenta and the umbilical cord.
    • Your amniotic fluid changes day to day, based on what you've eaten. Since your baby is swallowing the fluid, she gets a "taste" of what you're eating!
  • Your baby's bone marrow, rather than your baby’s liver and spleen, takes over its permanent job of making blood cells.
  • By your 21st week of pregnancy, your baby's arms and legs are in proportion.
  • As muscles strengthen and neurons connected to her brain continue to develop, hermovements become more coordinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment